Ock Pop Tok Branches Out
Ock Pop Tok, literally translated as East meets West combines a love for Laotian textiles and a reason for women to further their careers whilst creating awareness to visitors of this traditional craft.
Located on the banks of the Mekong in Luang Prabang this is a truly beautiful spot in which you can:
- Learn about the Laotian culture and history of sericulture and silk weaving with the renowned Joanna Smith
- Take a class to create your own Lao textile, bamboo basket or paper
- Purchase one of the unique creations from Ock Pop Tok
- Overnight at the site in a textile design themed villa
- Dine at their cafe with traditional Laotian food.
The Song Bag is a new reversible addition to the range and made from delicate organic cotton which makes a wonderful souvenir to take home.
They have designed a new motif and hence a new range of Tai Lue mainly made from cotton used for clothing, home textiles and prayer flags.
To see these new products and the rest of their collection visit The Santa Fe International Folk Art Market (13th-15th July) in New Mexico or plan a trip to incorporate Luang Prabang and visit Ock Pop Tok with cazenove and loyd where we can arrange a private meeting with Joanna Smith to give you an insight into this fascinating creative world.